Friday 11 March 2011

Cat got ya Tongue? Or does Autism Plus?

I bought some nice velour blue and black fancy hangers today so we can display the stock better on our display grids, a little bit more in keeping with high street retailers. I love hangers, I’m very much a hanger on of most things and I quite like fancy hangers. It’s good to have a personal touch and individual style as long as it doesn’t detract from the charity's over all image. Who wants to go with the crowd? That will never be us, we set the pace.

You might have seen it but Autism Plus has had a new logo designed and all the shops have recently been fitted with a new sign.

It has one of my favourite features, a butterfly which has been designed very cleverly using the A (Autism) and the P (Plus) to make the wings of the butterfly. The image symbolises transformation, freedom and spreading your wings which I think is a perfect representation of Autism Plus. It is part of a whole branding change for the shops and hopefully to create a better understanding and awareness of what we do. Some good innovative thinking actually :-)

Well the real reason I’m blogging today is to make an appeal, has anyone lost a tongue? I know you probably couldn’t say but if you have I may have it.

I have a really long tongue I can touch my nose with it. Someone donated a small plastic box that said “Hazardous” when I opened it I was horrified to find a tongue. It was a wet sticky tongue; I was so shocked that I dropped it on the carpet. I literally lost my tongue!
Who would do such a thing, seriously it's the worst donation we had ever received. I realised it wasn’t real, it was a toy tongue but it looks so real, so real in fact I couldn’t resist playing a little practical joke on our deputy..at the end of each day after cashing up we remove the till draw- I decided to hide the tongue in one of the money compartments for her to find the next morning. I wish I had been there it would have been a winner :-) (Can you count how many times I said “tongue” in that paragraph!)

So if this is your tongue please get in touch and I will return it to you in your box and we may never need to say anymore on the subject. Case closed.

I do love funny items the staff had a naughty apron donated in at the beginning of this year, very rude, even I gasped but it was hilarious they decided to buy it and wrap it up and give it me for my birthday, I cook in it actually and I would upload a photo but I doubt it would be acceptable but I’ll let your minds ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment