Friday 24 June 2011

Witness This

We have a real good culture at Autism Plus, you know that you are listened to and supported and part of an organisation thats making a real difference in peoples lives, thats what I like about working here. We never discriminate against anyone -it's good to be a part of an organisation like that.

We have a volunteer who happens to be a Jehovah Witness (she simply refers to herself as a 'Witness') It makes me smile because I always think of the Eminem; Slim Shady Song “Will the real slim shady please stand up/can I get a witness” or something along those lines I’m not a big Eminem fan so I did well there.
She is one of the nicest people I know. She has such a strong focus, she has found peace and that enables her to free her mind from the trivial things that bother us day to day and simply volunteers at our shop to do good. I really admire her for that.

I pulled her out a dress today and suggested she could wear it to one of her meetings but she informed me surprisingly that she can’t wear dresses or trousers she has to wear a skirt? It got me thinking that no doubt men will be expected to wear trousers (hopefully, skirts aren’t in fashion for men yet) so why can’t women? So it also got me thinking about work uniforms, a girl I know has just got a new job in a call centre and has to wear high heels, she can’t wear flats? That got me thinking even more that Autism Plus are arranging a high heel challenge in the future that you can be a part of; watch this space for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment