Tuesday 31 May 2011

It's good to clear the air

Today I cried at work. It wasn’t pretty but if someone cant express their emotions then it isn’t healthy is it? I am not going to rant on about pity or gossip this is merely a diary of my days at work and I felt this was as important as any other day I could write about.

Often in any job everything comes to a head and you succumb to the madness and pressures that you, society and the nature of a job place upon yourself and its only normal your mind finds a release.

Sometimes in a small environment like this it can become a little intense and personal and things can be taken out of context or overlooked in some instances and as always prevention is always better than the cure but sometimes situations expand and before you know it its too late.

There are of course dramas, dismays and day dreaming and today was one of those days. Sometimes you can hit opposition and conflict and this is exactly what happened today without going into too much detail. As a manager and responsible adult I am somewhat responsible for peoples emotions and if you get close to them in a working environment like this one the smallest change can have a massive effect on that person.
But its good to clear the air and sometimes we all need to stop and take a look at the situation and see where we can improve and I’ve done just that today. Its all about balance! I find Lady GaGa really helps balance my mind and settle my thoughts into something more manageable.

On a brighter note its been a busy day but I’ve heard through the grapevine that a nearby high profile shop may be closing in the near future and if this becomes truth it could have a massive negative effect on our sales, as footfall will surely decrease to our store. So we would need to find a way to combat this, maybe move to a bigger premises? That would be fun, and would be a lovely injection of freshness- well deserved and appreciated. With a biscuit. Speaking of biscuits I like this town, it has character and some of the people really are wacky I was talking to a customer today who lives on a boat (not saying wacky people live on boats - I don’t think Rosie & Jim were wacky)

She’s such a spirited character and fun to talk to I wish everyone could be like that, she has no edge or attitude and is purely pleasant i'd like her as an auntie. She has invited me on her boat for a drink of tea and biscuits and I may take her upon her offer before she set sails south, she also informed me of shocking fact that her boat with 2 engines takes £4000 to fill with fuel! That is incredible I think she is rich and has nice ornaments on her boat and I may set up a donation station sailing down the canals collecting bags of donations, how amazing would that adventure be?

Maybe it would sink though that wouldn’t be amazing, but from the photo she showed me it has a life vest so I’d be ok. It made me think that if your on a bus and you give your seat to an old lady, well what if I was on a boat with an elderly lady and neither of us could swim and we needed to jump which one of us would morally have it? I think I’d give it to her though because I’m like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment