Monday 22 July 2013

Fan club

I’m starting to think I could set up my own fan club. I seem to have acquired a few admirers and inadvertently divulged parts of my life I may have otherwise remained private.

I don’t mean dark secrets (my life is unfortunately not that exciting) but getting to know staff and customers, I think is key to forming a strong working relationship.

I have cakes baked for me on a regular basis by a kind Indian lady, clothes mended, thank you cards, chocolates, courtesy phone calls..

I do receive the odd (in every sense of the word) phone call regarding my advice on men dressing in ladies clothes, you always have to remain polite because it may be a genuine question but quite often it’s not. Sigh.


Everyone knows my name apart from you reader, but at the shop it’s a nice thing people can address you by your name and sometimes ask for me personally.

But if I’m in the back room which sometimes I don’t think they realise that I have a lot of work to do, processing stock, paperwork, helping other volunteers etc. I spend an equal time on the shop floor but it’s not always possible or practical all the time especially if we have lots of staff working in there too! I sometimes hear them joking that “I’m hiding”.

 
I could be you know!

1 comment: