Monday 25 July 2011

Let there never be a shortage of tea bags

Some people would drink Tea constantly. It’s a social activity that can get you out of work. I've noted if planned properly people can waste a good 15 minutes asking if one would like a drink, asking if you take sugar, milk maybe? How do you like it? Oh don’t use a tea bag in the cup please make mine with a teapot. Then they forget it all and have to ask again, worse is when you make a coffee by mistake, even worse is when you add coffee to a tea bag, this has happened to me a few times. Anyway my point is, our volunteers love tea, it is a job in itself it’s the very essence of life and bonding. It’s the first thing they do and the last, and even if they have a cup in their hand just poured if you asked them if they would like another one then they would surely say yes and have it lined up so they never run out because I feel it is the oil that lubricates their cogs without it they would not survive.

I am sure of it so I always make sure I have tea bags, sugar and milk. Even people that say they never drink tea end up drinking it when they work with us as they say on Star Trek “Resistance to tea is futile”.

I do like tea. Decaf for me though or I would be climbing the ceilings. Then they all have a tea meeting and maybe a biscuit and that sends them into a frenzy! Someone once said to me “your a manager your not supposed to make tea” I don’t agree I am part of the team and it is my job to engage in these activities as part of my team building and ongoing bonding. Although other people are better at it than me. Today we drank a lot of tea.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment